Friday, October 26, 2012

The Quilt

Several years ago I pieced a simple nine patch quilt top. I enjoyed stitching the pieces into squares by hand. The squares were then stitched together making the quilt top. My mother-in-law has a quilt frame and agreed to do the quilting.

 
Grandmother Burford always had a quilt in the frame when I was growing up. Her creations were amazing. I think she would be pleased with this quilt top.

 
The backing fabric has a simple pattern. I like to turn the quilt back so that the reverse side is visible.
 
 
My mother-in-law's quilting is visible in this photograph. 
 
 

 This is the back of the quilt showing the quilting details.
I think it is called "stitching in the ditch".
 
 
I enjoyed the warmth of my new quilt last night.
A special thank you to my 92 year old mother-in-law for finishing my quilt.
 
♥andPeace,Myra 


1 comment:

  1. This came out great! and how special that Granny was able to quilt it.

    ReplyDelete