Monday, October 7, 2013

Niagara Falls

Last week I vacationed in Niagara Falls, Ontario.

The last time I visited Niagara Falls was at least 30 years ago.
The Falls remains the same, however, the area has really grown.

 
First on the itinerary  (of course) was The Falls.
The morning sun made it difficult to photograph.
My camera screen was nearly black and my Transition glasses were maxed out.
I did a lot of "point and shoot" blindly.

Horseshoe Falls
 

No trip to The Falls is complete without a ride on the Maid of the Mist.
Our tour guide told us Maid of the Mist was just recently sold.
 


Another way to view the American falls.
 

I like this photo taken from the Maid of the Mist with the help of the crop feature in Picasa.

I tried the black and white setting for several of the morning photos with good results.
 

We had dinner at Elements on the Falls Restaurant one evening.
The afternoon angle of the sun was much better for photography.

 

Looking toward the American falls from the Canadian falls.

Maid of the Mist

View of Niagara
 
The next day we toured Toronto with a visit to Casa Loma Castle.
Another day we visited the Welland Canals and the historical town of Niagara-on-the-Lake. I hope you will join me for the rest of my vacation.
 
♥andPeace,Myra
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment