Thursday, October 29, 2015

Sand and Seafood

My husband and I made a short trip to Orange Beach, Alabama in late August.

 
We have stayed at the Island House Hotel before so we decided to go back.
All rooms face the water and have a small balcony.

 
The season was winding down.
We had a good laugh one morning having breakfast at Hardee's.
We looked around and there was no one in the restaurant under 60.
Traveling in the "off-season" and during the week really is fun now that we are both retired.

 
The view from Island House Hotel

 
My little beach friend


 
Nice sunset and great oysters!

 
My old standby for oysters at Gulf Shores, The Original Oyster House.

 
Moon over the ocean from our room.
 

 
Sunrise from our room

                                                      Fishing boats going out early in the morning.

 
Sunset from the beach

 
We took "the long way home" and stopped at Middendorf's Seafood just North of New Orleans
in Manchac, LA. My husband ordered the thin catfish (as recommended by a friend) and I had the fried oysters. We shared our plates and I can definitely recommend the thin catfish and the oysters.
They have the best catfish and oysters ever!
It was definitely worth the stop.

 
♥andPeace,Myra


1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures Myra! Your pictures are so beautiful. Makes me wonder if you had a career in photography? I think my favorite picture is of the moon over the beach, as I enjoy a well done evening or night photo. I'm definitely going to show my wife your post and hopefully my wife and I can go there.

    Crystal Carson @ Tacky Jacks

    ReplyDelete