Sunday, February 17, 2013

Spicy Potato Soup


Once again it was "Soup Saturday" at our house.
Spicy Potato Soup is a great recipe for a meal from the pantry.

The recipe came from "Taste of Home" magazine years ago.

Ingredients:
1 lb. ground beef
4 cups cubed peeled potatoes
1 small onion diced
3 cans (8 oz) tomato sauce
4 cups water (I don't use that much water.
I usually just fill the tomato sauce cans.)
*2 tsp salt (I don't add this much)
*1 1/2 tsp pepper (Adjust to taste)
1/2 - 1 tsp hot pepper sauce
 

In Dutch oven brown beef and drain.  

Add potatoes, onion & tomato sauce.
Stir in water, salt, pepper and hot pepper sauce. 

I add Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning.
*As the seasoning is loaded with salt and spices,
 I cut back on the salt and pepper called for in the recipe.
Tabasco is my favorite pepper sauce.
Love the flavor. 

Bring to a boil.
Reduce heat and simmer 1 hour or until potatoes are tender and the sauce thickens. Enjoy with crackers or corn bread.


I tried a new "mix" Saturday.
Carnation Lemon Bread.
It had this cute little can of Carnation milk in the box.

Some time back I had bought these cute little mini loaf pans at TJ Maxx.
 

Included in the package was a yummy lemon glaze.
I thought the bread looked really pretty on my new 75% off Rosanna Botanical Holiday plates that I picked up at Tuesday Morning last week.

♥andPeace,Myra
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. Nothing better than homemade soup, especially when it's cold and muggy outside. I am going have to look for that box of lemon bread. It looks so delicious with the glaze.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Plenty of soup weather this winter! Loved the convenient Lemon Bread.

      Delete