Friday, March 22, 2013

Spring Thrifting



Recently I spent the day shopping my favorite discount stores.

Paula Deen cereal bowls, salad plates and mugs from Tuesday Morning.  They will probably be used for soup and sandwiches.
The white rabbit is from Tuesday Morning.
 


Place mats - TJ Maxx.
The grasshopper napkin rings were a gift from my sister-in-law.
 


The Waverly bedspread I found at Tuesday Morning.
It was already marked down for clearance and then had an extra 30% off tag!

Into the shopping cart.
 


I added the white lampshade from TJ Maxx.
I think white adds a nice fresh look for spring.
 


I always make a stop at Pottery Barn.
The displays are inspiring and sometimes bargains can be found.
I left with lots of decorating ideas and the Tuscan urn and cachepot.
They were not bargains but I had to have them.
I am considering going back for the large urn!
Wouldn't it be wonderful with huge sunflowers for summer?

The greenery came from Tuesday Morning.
It was similar to the  green "balls" at Pottery Barn but much cheaper. I have had this little bunny for years. I gave him a spray of gold paint followed by the crackle white finish years ago.


Happy thrifting!

♥andPeace,Myra

 
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

  1. Green is my favorite color and I love pairing it with white...so fresh. LOVE your urns and the cute grasshopper napkin rings. I always like going to PB but don't too often find bargains. I do love to look at their displays. I haven't been to Tuesday Morning in a while. I'll check them out to see what's new. Thanks for the inspirations. I'm your newest follower. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought those same dishes at Tuesday Morning. It sounds like we shop the same stores. Because we save at TJs and TM, we can afford to splurge on those things we see that we just have to have. I am going to Home Goods tomorrow. It isn't close, but I have been craving a trip to see if I can find some bargains.

    ReplyDelete