Saturday, April 6, 2013

Blue Plate Special - Old-Fashioned Meat Loaf


Here is Saturday's version of "the blue plate special" at my house.
Meat loaf, mustard greens, tomatoes, boiled red potatoes and crescent rolls.

Music: Stevie Nicks - "In Your Dreams"
I usually to listen to music while I cook.
Love the guitar run on "Everybody Loves You".

According to Wikipedia, "blue plate special" began as a low priced meal in diners and cafes and consisted of meat and three vegetables.
.

Ingredients ready to mix.
This is another recipe I pinned on Pinterest.
Some of the recipes are keepers and others are quickly deleted never to be consumed again.
 

All ingredients in the mixing bowl getting happy.
I had never seen a meat loaf recipe with canned tomatoes.
 

I had a little extra ground beef so I decided to make a couple of small loaves with my mixture.
I'll share one with my mother and keep one for left overs later in the week.
 

A quick side dish, "Potatoes in the Jacket" more commonly known as boiled red potatoes.
Just scrub the potatoes and boil until tender.
Add a little butter and salt and pepper.
 

Mom's plate is ready.
Pass the butter and tomatoes.
The dinner plates are Spode from The Blue Room Collection.
 


The tomatoes and rolls are served on Royal Stafford plates from TJ Maxx.
I have lots of blue and white and like to mix the patterns.
The green stemware is also from TJ Maxx.

We enjoyed the recipe. I will definitely make it again.

Here is the link for the recipe:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/old-fashioned-meat-loaf-aka-basic-meatloaf-recipe/index.html

Thank you Paula Deen and Food Network.

♥andPeace,Myra


 
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment