Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Marinated Vegetable Salad



This is my go to recipe for potlucks and family get togethers.
If you can open a can you can prepare this dish.
I like it because you can make it ahead of time.


Ingredients:
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 cup vinegar
1 teaspoon mustard
1/2 cup Wesson oil
1 cup sugar
1 - (12 ounce) can shoepeg corn
1 - (17 ounce) can LeSeur peas
1 - (16 ounce) can green beans
1 - (2 ounce) jar pimento, chopped
1 medium onion, sliced thin
1 stalk celery, chopped
 

Oops, I forgot these two items when I shot my ingredient photo.

Method:
Mix first six ingredients.
Heat to boiling.
Stir well.
Set aside to cool.

Drain canned vegetables.
Add pimento, pepper, celery and onions.
Pour cooled dressing mixture over vegetables and mix well.
Chill in refrigerator several hours or overnight,
 stirring occasionally.

 

I also forgot to photograph the dish after I made it.
I prepared this for a "luncheon" recently and fortunately I had a small amount left over for the photo.


Recipe from: Glenda Adams
"Memories - Country Living"

andPeace,Myra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment