Saturday, June 1, 2013

Lunch in The Rock

I spent several days in Little Rock last week.
My husband suggested lunch at The Buffalo Grill.
 

I had the small chef salad with blue cheese dressing.
Just the right size for lunch and satisfying.
My husband had the club with chips.
I sampled the sandwich. It was very good.

The next day we decided to try the new Gus's (World Famous) Fried Chicken.
I've heard it is really good, however, the place was packed and we didn't want to wait. We will go back another day.
 
We decided to go to The Root.
 

The décor is vintage.
There are tables inside, on the patio and out in the garden.

This cheerful mural greeted us in the parking lot.
 
Busy at lunch time.
 

The sandwiches are served with a side salad of fresh greens with a lovely house vinaigrette.
I had the toasted curry chicken salad.
It will definitely make my list of favorite sandwiches!
My husband had one of the daily specials - honeysuckle pimento cheese sandwich. I had to have a bite. It was very spicy.
Loved The Root!

Friday lunch at Zaza.
This is one of our son's favorites.


Brick oven pizza and specialty salads.
 

We shared the Greek salad.
Premium fresh ingredients made to order.
Delicious!
 
We shared the Zapreme pizza.
This may be the BEST pizza I've ever eaten!
I can't say enough about the crust and delicious ingredients.
The brick oven is definitely a plus.
 
♥andPeace,Myra
 



 


No comments:

Post a Comment