Wednesday, June 12, 2013

A Day In Victoria, BC

Last week I accompanied my husband on a business trip to Vancouver, BC. While he was attending the conference I booked a day tour to Victoria. About twenty years ago our family visited Victoria while vacationing in Seattle.

After a pick-up at the hotel we made our way to the ferry for the ride to Victoria.

 
I enjoyed the scenery during the crossing.

 
The Inner Harbor, Victoria, BC

The Fairmont Empress Hotel overlooking the harbor.

I took a quick walk through the hotel.

The hotel property is lovely.
The spring flowers were blooming.

 

After a bit of time at the Empress I headed up Government Street.

Our tour guide suggested Sam's for lunch.
I had a cup of clam chowder with an avocado and shrimp sandwich.

The Parliament Building sits near the harbor.
The 25 year old architect Francis Rattenbury designed both the Parliament Building and the Empress Hotel.
There is an interesting story about how he was chosen as the architect for the Parliament Building.

 
After a bit of shopping on Government Street it was time to jump on the tour bus and head for Butchart Gardens. My next post will be about the gardens. I hope you will join me.
 
♥andPeace,Myra

No comments:

Post a Comment