Friday, July 18, 2014

How Does Your Garden Grow?

I love growing things. That said, I also enjoy more relaxation and less physical pain as the years go by. I've found that container gardening and raised beds provide both.

Most of these zinnias are volunteers from last year that came up in the vegetable garden.
Zinnias provide vivid color and are very heat/drought tolerant.
They do tend to fall over and often need some support.

We currently have three raised beds with tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers and eggplants.
We usually grow more than we can use in these small beds.

My old mandevilla spent another winter in the garage.
It does require frequent watering but I think the result is worthy of the care.
 

Wonderful color!

Succulents are another good choice for easy care containers.
They also spend the winter in the garage.

Texture with very little care.

I have no idea what this plant is or where I got it.
It has very sharp needle like points so it must be treated with respect.

My begonias were cut back and placed in the garage over the winter.
With a bit of sunshine, fertilizer and water they are very happy.


My potted oleander bloomed again this year.

This year I planted my iron wash pots with yellow lantana and moss rose (Portulaca grandiflora).
 

 

The red crepe myrtles are really pretty this year.

A bit of welcoming color at the front door.

While photographing the zinnias in the vegetable garden I found MORE cucumbers ready to pick.
 
I spend more time on the patio relaxing with a cool drink and a good book these days.
I enjoy growing pretty flowers and fresh vegetables with much less effort than in the past.
Containers and raised beds are working for me.
Happy gardening!
 
♥andPeace,Myra

No comments:

Post a Comment