Sunday, August 3, 2014

Freeway Emporium - Searcy, Arkansas

One of my favorite flea markets is the Freeway Emporium in Searcy, Arkansas. When traveling to Little Rock, and time allows, I stop in to see what is new.

The building is clean, comfortable and the booths are neat and well organized.

 
Visiting flea markets is like stepping back in time.
Just imagine the wonderful meals that were created using these utensils.
 
 
                                I can smell the chicken frying and the corn bread baking!
                           This booth has the largest collection of cast iron I've ever seen.


 
The milk paint/chalk paint fad dominated several of the booths.
I like to find old pieces and paint them myself with Annie Sloan Chalk Paint.
 

 
I have been collecting Early American Prescut by Anchor Hocking for years.
The green color is not as common as the clear.
I've run out of storage space so unless the piece is rare and priced to move I have to pass.
 
 
Typical booth with something for everyone.

 
I found a Hull pot for $3.50 and a botanical print in a cute frame for $5.00.
I'm always happy to find a piece of  McCoy or Hull pottery for a reasonable price.
 
Happy junking y'all!
 
♥andPeace,Myra
 
 
 



No comments:

Post a Comment