Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Eating My Way Around The Crescent City

We joined another group tour late in November headed for New Orleans.

First things first, with limited time and opportunities for free time and dining on our own, Jim and I enjoyed restaurant hopping around the city.

 
I checked out a New Orleans guide book at the local library that was helpful in locating restaurants and attractions we wanted to visit with our "free" time in the French Quarter.
Our hotel also had a restaurant guide with menus in the room.

 
Creole trio at Acme Oyster House on Iberville.
Jim had oysters.

 
This is the "real" Café Du Monde in the Market.

 
I couldn't wait until I got to the French Market so I took
 advantage of a stop in City Park for beginets and café au lait at Café Du Monde.

 
Lunch at Desire located in the Royal Sonesta Hotel

 
Shrimp and Grits
 

 
I think this was the only day Jim didn't order oysters.

 
New Orleans Creole Cookery - Seafood
Courtyard dining and great food and service.

 
The best fried oysters I have had in a long time (sweet, salty and melt in your mouth).
The potato side was a tasty change from the usual greasy fries.
 
More from New Orleans coming soon.
 
♥andPeace,Myra
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment