Monday, December 7, 2015

The National WWII Museum

New Orleans, Part 3

At 7:55 AM, Hawaii time, Pearl Harbor was attacked by the Japanese on December 7, 1941. Today is the perfect time to post about my visit to The National World War II Museum in New Orleans.  Let me begin by thanking the brave men and women who served in the Armed Forces.


 
 
Second Lieutenant Joseph E. Burford
US Army
My dad during training.
 
 

 
A small WWII tank similar to the one my dad served in Europe with.
I have seen the big tanks but was excited to find a small one.
 I am sorry to say I don't know the name of the tank or more about my dad's time in England and France. I plan to get organized and do some research.

 


 
The museum has a big collection of vehicles used during the war.
I learned to drive in an old military jeep. Yep, manual shift.
 

 
Cat walks provide a good look at the planes.
 
 

 
We have binoculars in a leather case similar to the ones on display.
 

 
There are lots of interactive exhibits throughout the museum.
 
 
 

 
The movie Beyond All Boundaries, produced by Tom Hanks, is a must see.
The movie is in 4D and makes you feel like you are a part of the action.
It may be too realistic for younger children and some veterans.
 
 
The "Victory Garden" supplies garden to table vegetables, herbs and salad greens for The American Sector Restaurant and Bar.
We ended our visit to the museum with a preplanned group dinner at The American Sector.
The red velvet cupcakes with cream cheese icing were the highlight of the meal!
 
 

 
 
♥andPeace,Myra
 

No comments:

Post a Comment