Thursday, January 19, 2012

Little Rock - A Visit to the Clinton School

Last Thursday evening I traveled to Little Rock with Jim. He had meetings to attend on Friday. Stan had returned from his vacation in DC in preparation for the new semester at the Clinton School of Public Service.

On Friday, after straightening our apartment and doing some laundry I headed out with Stan for lunch at Burge's. Stan recommended the chicken salad sandwich with potato salad. Jim was able to catch up with us at Burge's. We enjoyed a tasty lunch and had a good visit. After Jim headed back to the Capitol Stan and I set out for a little Little Rock touring.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me but I did take a few photos with my phone.


The Clinton School of Public Service




Arkansas Studies Institute
The Clinton School has classrooms in this building in the River Market


Stan and I spent time in the art gallery and used book store that is nearby. The weather was beautiful for January in Arkansas.


Since I didn't have my camera with me I will post a few of my older photos that were taken in the area we visited.



Little Rock Nine Memorial
Arkansas State Capitol








My favorite restaurant in the River Market
I don't think you can beat their oysters or shrimp in Arkansas.


The Clinton Museum Store


River Market


Arkansas Studies Institute
(east side of building)


For a small southern city Little Rock has alot to offer. I'm glad to have had the opportunity to spend so much time there. It has truly become my second hometown. I'll miss it when Jim's work is completed this time next year.






No comments:

Post a Comment