Monday, September 24, 2012

Down a Road Less Traveled

Sometimes (often) I need a change of scenery. Thursday I decided to drive to Little Rock and spend the night. We were experiencing beautiful fall weather and I couldn't wait to get on the road.

By the time I reached Bald Knob it was lunch time.
I like to try local restaurants when I am on the road.
The Market Cafe - Since 1946 did not disappoint.
 
For $6.10 hunger was no longer an issue.
The service was friendly and the food was hot and tasty.
 
"The Market" is just next door to the Market Cafe.
There are several buildings like the one above.
I believe they were first used for the strawberry market that was once big in the area.
 
I decided to travel on down the highway to Judsonia.
I have great-grandparents buried in Evergreen Cemetery in Judsonia.
They are buried under this beautiful magnolia.
 
Evergreen is a lovely, well maintained old cemetery.
 
I made it to Little Rock in time for the 16th annual Senator Jim Luker fish fry.
 
Come and get it!
 
Our son joined us for the fish fry.
It is always good to visit with him.
 
Friday I went shopping and decided to try Cantina Laredo for lunch.
I had the shrimp fajita special.  Delicious!
 
Yum.
 
♥andPeace, Myra
 


No comments:

Post a Comment