Tuesday, September 18, 2012

When Life Gives You Eggplant - Make Pasta

Recently the Japanese eggplant and bell pepper in the garden have been overachieving! Every time I turn around Jim has another bucket full of produce.

 
For lunch I decided to make a dish I really enjoy with the ingredients I had on hand - Eggplant and Bell Peppers.
 
 
First turn on Pandora - I enjoy a little music while cooking.
 
Gather the Ingredients
 
Eggplant
Bell Pepper
Onion
Garlic
Diced Tomatoes
Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt/Pepper
Italian Seasoning (oops I forgot it in the photograph)
I like fresh basil but mine is gone for the year.
Grated Parmesan Cheese
 
 
Give the vegetables a rough chop.
 
 
Heat EVOO in skillet and add vegetables.
Let them cook down a bit and add the garlic.
Salt and pepper to taste.
 
After about ten minutes the vegetables will look like this.
 
 
Add the diced tomatoes.
Season with Italian seasoning.
 
Simmer until vegetables are tender.
 
 
Prepare the pasta of your choice.
I prefer angel hair.
 
Drizzle the cooked pasta with a little EVOO.
Top with the vegetable mixture.
Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese.
Enjoy.
 
My mother joined us for lunch today.
 
♥andPeace,Myra
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment